Safari Ostrich Farm was established as a tourist attraction in 1956 by two good friends Derek Fisch and Harry Lipschitz – both being 4th generation ostrich farmers. Safari Ostrich farm is celebrating 60 years in Tourism this year and our facilities changed dramatically in the last 60 years.
The farming operation has pretty much stayed the same as 60 years ago but as tourism grew in South Africa our facilities at reception has changed dramatically.
We have a beautiful Ostrich Leather Shop at reception and our restaurant where we serve lovely Ostrich-Fillet meals has grown and changed through the years. We have also extended our outside B.B.Q area for our guests (especially from Europe) who like to enjoy their lunch in our boma area.
We have also built a café at reception for those visitors who would just like something to drink or a light meal while they wait for the next guided tour to start. The only “building” that has remained the same from 60 years ago is the little rondawel (with thatched roof) which we now use to promote our community project that we sponsor. The little rondawel was our ticket office in 1960.